CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, 11 June 2012

Butterflies

Finally all of our butterflies have emerged... unfortunately there are no students today or tomorrow because of some school wide professional development.  Although I feel terrible leaving them in the tank for a couple of days I really want the students to see our last 3 butterflies released, so hopefully they make it to Wednesday. 


As our final butterfly activity we will be making a handprint butterfly.  This butterfly will go in the June page of our scrapbooks as the last handprint for the year.   I will definately raise butterflies again next year, it has been a great learning experience for my students that they have really enjoyed!  To anyone who has no yet raised butterflies I highly reccommend it!  I ordered my butterflies from Boreal Northwest and I am very happy with the butterflies.  There was significantly more larvae in the kit than what is listed which made it possible to share them with the grade one and two teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment